Thursday, September 30, 2010

Vancouversary

So today I have lived in Vancouver for 5 years. I spent a little time reflecting on how stressful and exciting that move was today and appreciating my city. The sun is shining brightly over the water as I type this.

September 30th 2005, after selling my house and a few months of planning, I drove my big ass Uhaul across the border into BC through the mountains. I stopped to reflect at the border, right in front of the "Welcome To Beautiful British Columbia" sign.

I got out and took my time to look forward at what awaited me. When I glanced back all I saw was a huge wall of snow on the Alberta side. A storm was approaching like a stampede of bulls kicking up dirt in it's wake. I got back in the truck and floored it. I outran the snow and drove straight into the sun and my new life ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment