Monday, July 6, 2009

Gay Paris....

View from hotel balcony:
Well the ride from the airport wasn’t so happy and gay. It took an hour and went through the ghetto. Paris is a much bigger, diverse, and (I have to admit) scarier city then I expected. Just got in last night and crashed. The hotel is very nice, but I have shat in handicapped bathroom stalls that were bigger. Everything is smallerr here so I’m told. That’s the norm. The elevator blew my mind though. IT literally fit one person. I thinnk it’s a converted dumbwaiter(sp?)...

Got up this morning and went for a coffee though and its very refreshing so far. I can see the romanticism starting to take hold… Lots of beauty mixed with a carefree lifestyle. The waiter who served me my coffee in this little trendy cafĂ© had a cigarette in his mouth as he did it… When he gave me change, he thrust his hand slightly inn the air, raised his eyebrow, and looked at me as if to say “Voila, now get the fuck out so I can do this whole routine over again with someone else”… Love it!.. Lol...

Writing as I post these prewritten blogs: Went to the Moulin Rouge last night. SPECTACULAR SPECTACULAR… The last day and a half has been incredibly busy. Toured the Notre Dame, and the Pantheon, had a picnic in the Tulleries in front of the Louve, did a nice French dinner near the seine river, Did an illluminations (Paris lights on monuments by night) tour and then went to a burlesque cabaret show at the real Moulin Rouge. That was just yesterday! Today is a river Seine cruise, shopping on Champs Elysees, climbing the arc de triumph, picnic under the Eiffel tower, and celebrating Canada day at the Great Canadian Pub around the corner from our hotel. It is very easy to get around this city, although its scale is massive even beyond what I imagined New York's to be. No tall buildings in the main part though. They segregate those to a far away area where the business district is... It’s very different that way. Most people live away from the tall buildings area and there are only a couple things to see in the newer constructed area. We're skipping those. I jam packed our itinerary. So far the only thing we have cut out though is the Museum of Modern Art. Paris is HUGE and intimidating, but still beautiful and romantic. I have decided I never want to leave. I’m home!

Stay tuned for posts on all the things I’m seeing , doing, and learning in this city...

No comments:

Post a Comment