Tuesday, July 7, 2009

The Louvre

Could I be happier then in this picture?..


We have all seen pictures of these priceless and famous works of art. And here are some more for you. The difference for me is this time I took the pictures. Cuz… I WAS THERE! This place is amazing. If I were to spend as much time there as I wanted and examine every work, I would have been there for years. Unfortunately I only had one day. Here is some of what I saw...

Venus de Mylo

Victory of Samothrace
This cushion looked like it would actually be soft if I sat on it. I wanted to squeeze it...Mona...I was happy to see her, but I saw better paintings at the Louvre. This one for instance. The detail is mindblowing...I really like this picture. Both because I love this painting (Gericault I think... Very real, and multicultural... Way ahead of its time...), and because of the little kid at the bottom who gives you an idea of the scale of the work...


Oh... and um... Did anyone know that Picasso made a bronze statue of a cat taking a shit... Hmmm... The things you learn...

No comments:

Post a Comment