Friday, July 10, 2009

I AMsterdam

Amsterdam is the home of cool stuff...

I toured some design houses in the arts district on the way to the one mile market...



I want this truck....
And I'll park my wee little truck by my house.... on the water...
I almost got arrested for taking this picture... I didn't realize I was in the Red Light District... It's only a vibrator store...


What did I do here? I met a few people in the dirtiest but funnest hostel ever. I toured the sites a little bit. Westerkerk Bell Tower, Ann Frank’s house, the Mile Long Market, and the Van Gogh Museum. Apparently, Amsterdam is the city with the most museums in the world. There is a museum for everything. A sex museum even… Lol...

The Van Gogh Museum...



They’re really easy going here. Everyone speaks English, but when just speaking with each other, they speak Dutch. I know absolutely no Dutch. It sounds kinda silly to me. I’m sure I would get used to it and if people who are Dutch are reading this I mean no offense, but you sound like the noises I would make when I talked to my dogs… jk ...

Forget the red light district. It’s a little morally disgusting and depressing, even for me. This is also kinda a party city. People come here because they are allowed to smoke weed. At least they’re not all drunk. I didn’t do any of that, but it was fun to be in a really free atmosphere.

***I had yet another video to put here which I couldn't upload... This site sucks foor uploading video's... So slow.. I'm gonna try to upload toi my youtube account and then embed them here. Stay tuned...

The westerkerk bell tower...

Amsterdam is the museum capital of the world...
Canals and architecture...
As far as being the winner of the cities contest… This one doesn’t beat Paris either. The canals are really cool, the people are great, there is really good shopping, etc… etc…, but the weather isn’t that great.

Mostly I just walked around the canals and thought a lot. Nothing like a totally different environment to stimulate thought. This is also my vacation, I remembered, so I should do some vacationing.

So what did I think about??

No comments:

Post a Comment