Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Top 10 Things about Amsterdam

So I continued on alone to Amsterdam. It’s here that my journey ends. But not yet… I’m enjoying this city so far. I feel like I’m walking around in a Dahli painting. I’m staying at a hostel that a bit dingy, but super-cool (The flying Pig). This city is so surreal… And I’m not even smoking the weed


For now… This...

10) Every segment of society rides a bicycle. Young, old, rich, poor, black, white. I love beautiful people on bicycles. Get on this America.

9) I couldn’t make out what was so different, then I realized, no advertisements anywhere. At the occasional bus stop. Otherwise completely clean. Very refreshing and calming.

8) In 2008, a tobacco smoking ban was introduced in Dutch cafes and restaurants, but you are still allowed to smoke marihuana and hash in Dutch coffee shops - if only you don't mix it with regular tobacco… That's bad for you, you see...

7) There are bars and ‘coffee shops’ on every block… without exception!

6) Anne Frank house hysterically overrated and bad. I can see why she spent so much time complaining... Bo-Ring... She would have had a better time if she would have hidden at the Rembrandt house, who as far as I know made it through WWII unscathed...

5) Fast food places have vending machines where you can just put in coins and take out pre-made hot food.

4) Paprika flavored Lays potato chips.

3) Very high British people are kind of adorable, but a Dutch person talking to himself while riding through the red light district on his bicycle is a bit weird…

2) This city is comprised of twisting interlocked concentric circles. It’s like walking in a gyroscope where every step forward you take, the sun moves to a random far flung part of the sky. Also, on an unrelated note… You’re high...

….. drumroll…….....

1) I didn’t get a blowjob from a prostitute even though no one would have ever known. Look who’s all grown up!.. Lol...

No comments:

Post a Comment