Sunday, July 26, 2009

South Africa's Celebration of Light Over English Bay

God or mother nature or Earth, however you want to think of it, responded tonight to our meager Celebration of Light with her own show of mighty power.

I think this is a fairly decent video of some of tonights fireworks over English Bay in this years Celebration of Light... Shot from a bit far away, but you can hear the music and see how the fireworks work with it. There will probably be better one's posted tomorrow, but I wanted to get this post off now. The show was competing with lightning and thunder. An extremely rare phenomenon here in Vancouver. Nobody expected a freak storm tonight. There was nothing in the forecast. The thing is, it's been scorching hot in Vancouver lately.

SOUTH AFRICA
Next night is the UK and after that China.

I really liked Canada's show and the Wizard of Oz theme, but this was special because it's almost like it brought a response from the skies... I weathered the rain to go out and see them and I intend to see the remaining two nights. Afterall, who can resist this sunset...

That was a shot off some news site about the freak storm tonight, but this is a view from my condo... Iphone camera quality... Sorry, that's all I had on me...

No comments:

Post a Comment