Friday, June 26, 2009

I Want to Move to Dubrovnik!!!

Seriously… The history here. This city is entirely within 3-6 metre thick walls. It was highly coveted during the time of venetian rule in the area and was one of the cities that remained unconquered so it needed to defend itself often. The entire city is a Unesco protected heritage site. I feel like I’m living in a Shakespearean play while I wander the streets here.



So many nooks and crannies. Steep alleyways, hiding spots, and holes in the wall… I would never be bored. It’s hard to imagine becoming bored here or ever reaching the point where I might take this city’s charm for granted.



*Sigh* … Beautiful…
They were a very careful city… For instance, there is this fountain at the entrance to the city that everyone who entered the city had to bath in during the plague.


Oh yeah… and cats run this place. They’re everywhere here. It’s cute. Apparently I’m not allowed to touch them though because they’re dirty… I do anyway though… Shhhhhhhh :-P

No comments:

Post a Comment